The web is an extraordinary place, a place where you can find everything. And we use the internet for just about everything – socializing, sharing information, researching, networking, downloading and even watching movies. The web can truly open a lot of doors for us. It became one of our most valuable and entertaining tools, but at the same time became one of our worst threats. If you aren’t careful with how you use the Internet, you could give up your privacy, time and life.
Here are a few unexpected consequences one can face for being online.
- It can take up a lot of your time, without even knowing it.
- It can cost a lot of money.
- It can ruin family time and relationships.
- People don’t know how to communicate verbally or face to face with each other anymore.
- If you don’t know something – Google it! Yes we Google almost everything and therefore we don’t really use our brains anymore.
- Being online one can social, share information and network with many people all over the world.
- You are always connected to the outside world.
- Employees waste a lot of time online researching or networking and are thus not that productive as they should be.
- Companies don’t have to spent a lot of money anymore to travel far distances to meetings and conferences, they can do it online.
- Professionalism has faded away as people are much more informal with each other when communicating online.
The online world is constantly changing. New networks are being created every second. Faster services are being installed every day. More and more people become involved online. The online world is a challenging place and we learn from it almost everyday.
Being online can create positive and negative consequences. One just needs to be careful with how you utilize it.
Editor: Roelien Zwart
Picture Source: (madeleinemitchell.blogspot.com)