Most of us own pets of which are dogs, but how much do they really mean to us? What does it really mean for a dog to be man’s best friend?
Not every dog is friendly by nature or has a friendly personality. However, we have heard many stories on how dogs have warned theirs master and saved them from danger. We have heard about dogs being separated from families and travelling many miles to get back to the home they knew and loved. A dog is not only a man’s best friend, but a dog is a woman’s and children best friend as well.
About a year ago, I got a puppy for my birthday – much unexpected but he instantly changed my life forever. My dog is not just a dog for me… he is my friend, my companion, my baby!!! He sleeps with me, we go for walks, and he rides with and is surely by my side all the time!
My dog is definitely the best thing in my life and I can say the following about him:
- My dog is loyal – I can trust him more than I can trust some humans.
- My dog has unconditional love – he is right by my side no matter what.
- My dog is a great companion – he never complains and he will spend time with me all the time.
- My dog makes me laugh, and I can even make him laugh – without struggling through a joke that is not even funny.
- I have to take my dog on long walks; therefore I contribute much of my good health to my dog. My dog certainly keeps me active!
- My dog will always greet me when I come home from work. He brightens up my day, no matter how hard my day has been.
- A best friend is someone whom you can count on. I can always count on my dog to be there for me.
My dog is my best friend and will always be! I love him so much and miss him every time he is not with me… I hope you all have that relationship with your dogs…
Editor: Roelien Zwart
Picture Source: (Pictures sourced by Roelien Zwart)